Heartburn Authority

You know that burning sensation right behind your breastbone you get sometimes after you’ve eaten? Well guess what… that’s more than likely heartburn.

Some people confuse heartburn chest pain with a heart attack, but it’s really a problem with the upper digestive system.  What’s happening is the heartburn acid is reacting adversely to particular foods during digestion.  This reaction then causes a small amount of stomach acid to be forced up to the unprotected esophagus, which results in the mild to severe burning sensation we all know so well.  If you want to cure your heartburn then I highly suggest you take action now and continue reading.  You’ll find that this site has all the heartburn facts you need to thoroughly understand the causes of heartburn and how to get rid of heartburn. 

For heartburn sufferers Heartburn Prevention plays a very big role in our lives.  With over 60 million heartburn sufferers and counting that equates to a lot of lifestyle changes.  I say lifestyle changes because a heartburn sufferer must learn to control heartburn by changing their eating habits, which will allow them to enjoy a life without heartburn pain.  Heartburn is a serious health condition for many people, and for a lot of us finding heartburn cures are key to enjoying life the way we’re accustomed to.  People living heartburn free might not understand the obsession heartburn sufferers have to get rid of heartburn as soon as possible. Heartburn causes a lot of pain and until someone actually experiences it they really don’t know how severe heartburn can be.

Heartburn Relief also plays a big part in a heartburn sufferer’s pursuit for a normal life.  There are quite a few heartburn relievers to choose from today to help heartburn pain relief.  You might decide to take the natural heartburn relief route with herbal heartburn treatments… or you might decide that the otc heartburn medications like Tums, Pepcid, Zantac, etc… are right for you… or you might decide that prescribed heartburn medication is right for you.  Whatever heartburn pain relief you decide to go with, I would highly suggest you consult with your physician before proceeding.  This is especially true for women experiencing heartburn pain during pregnancy.

If you’re new to heartburn then you’ll soon realize how important food is to being successful in your heartburn prevention.  There are Foods For Heartburn that are both good and bad.  The good foods for heartburn allow you to eat comfortably and heartburn free, while the bad foods for heartburn are what we call trigger foods.  The good foods are also referred to as safe foods for heartburn.  As you identify the good and bad foods you’ll find yourself creating a heartburn diet and probably collecting recipes for heartburn as well.  In the beginning it might feel like a lot of work, but you’ll start to realize that the good foods for heartburn will have you eating healthier… and you may even lose a few pounds if you’re carrying a few extra.

If you’re like I was in the beginning of my search for heartburn relief then you’re probably a little confused about what is acid indigestion and what is heartburn. Acid indigestion is the discomfort you feel at the pit of your stomach usually after a meal. Where as heartburn is the burning sensation you feel in your chest and throat. So the difference is acid indigestion is stomach related and heartburn is esophagus related.

Heartburn Tips

Here’s a list of heartburn and/or indigestion tips:

• Try to eat at least 2 to 3 hours before lying down
  • If you take naps, try sleeping in a chair
  • Nighttime symptoms can also be reduced by raising the head of the bed on blocks by 6 inches. Gravity helps to keep the acid in the stomach where it should be
  • Lose weight if you are overweight
  • Don’t overeat
  • Eat high-protein, low-fat meals
  • Avoid tight clothes and tight belts
  • Avoid foods and other things that give you heartburn
  • Avoid smoking
  • Avoid alcohol

You may or may not know this, but heartburn is loosely used to describe Reflux, acid reflux, acid indigestion, and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).  While acid reflux disease symptoms are very similar to heartburn symptoms, reflux symptoms are a more serious condition.  Like heartburn the stomach acid is backed-up/refluxed into the esophagus, but with GERD you experience frequent heartburn that occurs repeatedly causing damage to the esophagus.  So when GERD begins it is considered to be a lifelong disease and even more so if you have an acid reflux baby.

If you need additional heartburn information or need answers to your questions then I suggest you go to Heartburn Help where you’ll find a comprehensive heartburn FAQ.  It covers a lot of heartburn problems like pregnancy heartburn relief, indigestion problems, and much more.  You’ll also find a few heartburn tips to get you started in your pursuit for a heartburn or indigestion treatment.

If you’re like me and don’t want to spend your valuable time in front of the computer reading website after website about heartburn, indigestion, acid reflux, etc… then you should consider relying on a single source of information. During my research I came across several publications that have consolidated all of the good information related to curing my heartburn and acid reflux. I highly recommend you take a look at them. For your convenience I’ve rated them myself and you can review them by click here heartburn relief.